A Different Kind of Teacher Training
There are so many ways to learn yoga, so many different teacher trainings out there that sometimes it is hard to know where to start and if a particular training is a good fit.
Are you looking for something a little different? Something that respects the traditional and yet pushes the boundaries, embracing and integrating new models of thinking and moving? You've come to the right place.
- You are already a teacher and want to enhance and update your practice and knowledge. You've feel that there are some missing pieces from your 200 hour training now that you have been teaching a wide variety of people and have real-world experience.
- You want to learn more about anatomy and alignment so that you can better support your students and your own practice.
- You are looking for a community of like-minded people, a teacher that you trust, and simply can't get enough of learning new things.
- Or you may not want to teach yoga, but have been looking for the just right opportunity to and deepen your practice and understanding of movement, mindfulness and yoga without having to commit to all the hours and costs of a full teacher training.
The Integrated Practice Mentorship Program
This is it. This course is is my passion, is everything that I am the most excited to share and teach. From my experience of teaching yoga and movement full-time for over 14 years, working with hundreds of people, teaching 1000's of hours, teaching teachers, I've come to realize that to be a truly effective teacher is to have a foundation of understanding human movement.
Your average teacher training is only required to teach 15 - 20 hours of anatomy. Yet, when the majority of yoga being taught in classes is asana, that 15 -20 hours isn't nearly enough to provide a rich understanding of the complexity and inherent beauty of the human body. Your body is your foundation, your vehicle and is your expression of your mind. And as a yoga teacher, teaching bodies to move through asana isn't just about creating shapes and offering pearls of wisdom. We can elevate our teaching by being grounded in current movement science and integrating that into the time-honoured tradition of yoga. This allows you to find your unique voice as a teacher, empowers you and your students and places you on the leading edge of the ever evolving practice of modern yoga.
The Integrated Practice Mentorship Program is your chance to get curious, create lightbulb moments of integration and understanding, learn cutting edge information, build a sustainable yoga and teaching practice, feel a part of a community, all within an intimate setting.
January 2018 - April 2018
4 weekends of immersive learning and weekly classes to support and integrate your understanding.
- This mentorship will help you make large strides forward in your understanding of who you are, your confidence and clarity as a teacher, your ability to understand human movement on a more nuanced level and skillfully apply that to your yoga, your students and clients, and most importantly... yourself.
January 20 & 21
February 10 & 11
March 3 & 4
April 7 & 8
$950 + gst if paid all at once
$275 + gst per weekend. $275 non-refundable deposit that you can apply back to the cost of the last weekend module.
Where: Healing Connections. 10548 115 St NW, Edmonton
Saturday & Sunday- 9am - 5pm
The overview of the training is teach and practice through the lens of The Four Pillars of a Sustainable Yoga Practice.
One of the four pillars will be the theme for each weekend. Within each theme, there will be large focus on body reading and anatomy and how it applies to each theme. You will learn anatomy from an embodied perspective- where it isn't intellectually memorizing muscles and joints, but understanding anatomy and movement on a deeper, self-referential perspective. A combination of biomechanics and anatomical understanding in a practical and hands-on way.
Learning from this perspective, you will feel more confident teaching people of all ages and stages in life. You will be able to spot common postural habits that many people bring into yoga, and address that with clear, concise cueing and adjustments.
- Refine your ability to sequence a variety of different yoga classes.
- Business of yoga
- How to create your niche
- Set and promote workshops
- Create class and course content
Weaving throughout the training is mindset coaching. What are the things that are holding you back as a teacher? What do you need to move forward in your practice and as a teacher?
Learn the practical, real-world tools that a teacher needs to be successful in a saturated market. The tools, techniques to really observe and see on all levels how to offer a practice for your students that serves them as an individual (and at the same time, bringing out your inner body and movement nerd!). And most of all, walk away with the confidence and clarity to be your best teacher, and reignite your love and passion for yoga!
And my favourite part- the experience of a really kick-ass community of people.
Fill out the form below if you have any questions or would like to register for the course.
*Cancellation Policy: No refunds after course has started. No refunds 48 hours before course begins.
Previous Yoga Teacher Trainings
The Modern Teacher: 300 hour Advanced Training with Jeff Mah & Lydia Zamorano
Join us in the beautiful Rocky Mountains in Canmore, AB for an in-depth training. Organized in 3 separate modules of 100 hours. The first module will be one weekend a month from October 2015- February 2016. Yoga is a living tradition, and must continually evolve to reflect the world we live in. The modern teacher is one that can skillfully blend time-honoured practices of yoga with contemporary movement and evidence-based techniques. This innovative program is rooted in yoga’s ancient wisdom and bridges understanding of the human body with empowering practices to create deep healing on all levels: both in your own life and for your students. As the popularity of yoga blossoms, we are at a critical juncture: where highly trained, adaptable and innovative teachers will make the most meaningful differences in our world. These three modules will provide you the confidence, clarity and know-how to carve your own niche and work effectively both in private practice and group setting. Come journey with us to the front-line of modern yoga in beautiful Canmore, Alberta!
Sacred Seed Yoga & Ayurveda: 300 Hour advanced Training & Continuing education
This training takes place in Edmonton, AB. October 2015- June 2016.
I am happy to be teaming up with Sacred Seed Yoga & Ayurveda for a comprehensive and original training program. Commit to the 300 hours to receive your 300 level certification or participate in select modules to continue your education. Weaving together the ancient practices of Yoga and Ayurveda with modern, evidence-based techniques around movement and yoga.
The Integrated Practice: Connecting yoga, integrated movement and deeper explorations for a whole body, whole heart practice. *For dedicated practitioners and yoga teachers
May 28- June 25, 2015. 6:00- 8:00pm $150.
Where: The People's Lodge 11034-124th street
Practicing yoga is a process of refinement- the more we practice the more we learn about who we are. This in-depth 6 week course will integrate updated biomechanic and movement principles into the heart-centred approach of a traditional yoga practice. You will learn to listen more deeply and with clarity to the wisdom of your body and build upon the intuitive strength of your heart.
Whether you are a dedicated yogi or a yoga teacher looking for inspiration and guidance this course will take what you know about yoga and deepen it in a more integrated and functional way.
Click Here for more details.
Building a Sustainable Yoga Practice Online Course
Coming soon! Join the mailing list to find out when the course begins!
Current research on healthy movement is showing that some yoga postures and cues are no longer appropriate or healthy for the body. This course will provide a relevant and up-dated understanding on asana and movement so that you can practice yoga and live well in your body for as long as you can. If you are a yoga teacher, you will learn tools and techniques to safely guide your students with clarity and compassion.
- Explore common postural habits that we unknowingly bring into our yoga practice and cause wear and tear on joints.
- How to adapt a variety of yoga postures to make them biomechanically-updated and healthy for physical sustainability.
- Discover how traditional approaches to hip openers are sneaking past true hip mobility.
- The two ways you habitually move your shoulders in yoga that keep them tight (and how to change that).
- To do inversions or not to do inversions, that is the question... and one that we will explore!
- How to turn your backbends into truly healthy ones for your spine (and hips and shoulders).
- Ways to integrate natural movement and a sustainable yoga practice into all areas of your life.
- Valuable tools for yoga teachers to safely support and teach a wide range of bodies and abilities.
- Explore the new definition of what an advanced practice actually looks like.
- Perspectives on the future of yoga, learning how integrated movement practices are transforming yoga today.