Do any of these sound like you?
We are in interesting times right now in the yoga world. There are a lot of shifts and changes going on as people are starting to question some of the traditional practices. With yoga injuries on the rise, more people are evolving what a yoga asana practice looks like. But, I know many of you feel like you are the odd one out in your yoga community, or feel like you are the only one who is asking questions! The good news is that there is an growing tribe of people around the world who are expanding the lens of yoga and 'modern yogi' seems like a good name for this new movement.
This was a really fun list to create, in fact, I added five more additions to the list.
If you can relate to this list, share this post on Facebook or Instagram to spread the modern yogi love!
Signs You Are A Modern Yogi:
1. You find yourself using the floor and household furniture in your practice (and throughout the day) more than a yoga mat.
2. You don't know what to call the type of yoga you are teaching/practicing.
3. You have an insatiable appetite for learning all about the body.
4. You've broken up with yoga at least once.
5. You've started strength training.
6. You geek out on things like the nervous system, range of motion and mobility.
7. You post more pictures of yourself in a squat in nature than you do yoga poses.
8. Small, subtle movements have become way more exciting to you than big, showy ones.
9. You have more questions than answers about yoga and movement.
10. You have a hard time going to a regular yoga class.